A little about us...
Melanie Stiller MACP, RP(Q)
I am here to help today!
Remembering that life is a journey and not a destination is something I have learned to make my “go to” thought, because it reminds me that continual change and growth is possible. When I reflect on how I got to this place in my life, I notice there have been hills, valleys, turns and bumps in the road, which may be a familiar metaphor for your journey. I also recognize that it is the hills and valleys where I have grown the most. These life experiences, and my educational opportunities, have shaped me into the person, and the counsellor, I am today.
Here is a brief summary of my qualifications and life experience.
- Bachelor of Social Work degree from the University of Western Ontario
- 7 years working as a social worker
- Master of Arts degree in Counselling Psychology (MACP) through Yorkville University
- certificate in the Integrative Trauma and Attachment Treatment Model of therapy from ATTCH Counselling Center in St Catharines
- certificate in Solution Focused Therapy from the Association for Psychological Therapies
- Business management of my retail store while focusing on growing my family
- Experience working with clients who struggle with historical and current traumas, childhood attachment concerns and abuse, depression, and anxiety
- Experience working with clients who desire to include aspects from their culture into therapy, as well as those who benefit from accommodation due to physical disabilities
I understand that a few paragraphs cannot help you know someone well enough to trust them with your concerns, so may I invite you to call me, and we can discuss if we would be a good fit for working together.
The word revivify has meaning for me personally and professionally. To illustrate this word (and because I thought it would be fun), I made a crossword of revivify and its synonyms. On a personal level, support from friends, family, and other therapists have revivified me, making support on my journey something I value. On a professional level, the word reflects my hopes and desires for the work I do. My desire is to help refresh and renew the spirit of those that are hurting, or who feel dead inside. My goal is to strengthen clients to utilize skills and characteristics they already possess and to stimulate new growth and learning of new skills and knowledge which can help a person move forward in their journey. My aim is to help a person fortify their healthy coping mechanisms, their resiliency, and their relationships, enabling them to manage the storms of life better. Finally, I hope to spark hope, new dreams and perhaps even some laughter in those that I meet.